Autumn Term Booking!
Welcome to the Autumn Booking Page.
We have introduced two new classes:
Big Builders for Ages 3 & 4. This class will initially run at 3pm in Stockbridge. This is a 30 minute class aimed at children in nursery. It is based on our core Big Builders programme, however models are simpler and the focus is on building and on learning 2 or 3 facts about the item we are building.
Bricks Challenge for Ages 5 & 6. This class is aimed at Primary 2 children who are not yet ready for our standard Bricks Challenge class. Any child who has completed 25 or more Big Builders lessons can also join this class. The session is 1 hour with educational content aimed at Early Years Education.
After many requests we are delighted to be introducing classes in Dunfermline. We will run Big Builders on a Tuesday night at Carnegie Hall and then another Big Builders plus a Bricks Challenge at Carnegie Leisure Centre on a Sunday. Waiting lists are available for two additional Dunfermline classes:
Big Builders for 3 & 4 year olds: Waiting list open for Tuesdays 3pm to 3.30pm and Sundays 2pm to 2.30pm
Bricks Challenge for ages 7 to 9: Waiting list open for Tuesdays 4.45pm to 6pm.
Galileo Class Rollout!
After a successful trial term of Galileo aimed at 10 to 13 years olds we are rolling this class out to many of our other venues. Classes will now run in Broxburn, Stockbridge, Juniper Green, Cramond, Craiglockhart and Bathgate. More information on this programme is available here: Galileo Technic
New Booking System
Many of you experience booking issues last term and it became apparent that our previous system was not able to grow with the business. We have therefore moved to a new system which we believe will provide a better experience for all our customers.
All of your general data has been imported from the old system, however we cannot import the details about your children. When you come to make a booking with the new system you will be asked to enter details of your children again. Once completed you will have a drop down box to select the child you wish to book onto the course. The new system is far superior to the old in terms of managing a parent/child setup.
We are sure there will be something teething problems so please just contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems.
Payment Methods – Click to Read More
Payment can be made in one of three ways:
- BACS to Young Engineers, sort code 09-01-29, account 03461420. To pay by BACS please Contact us telling us which class you wish to book. Once we have your payment we will send you a booking confirmation. Your place on the class is not confirmed until the payment has been made and you have received your booking confirmation.
- Direct Debit please Contact us to setup your direct debit mandate. We can offer 2 direct debit options. Monthly direct debit for bookings from August to Christmas: Your fee would be split into 5 equal payments taken on a date of your choice each calendar month 3 payments for bookings from August to October: Payment for 3 classes is taken at the time of booking, followed by a payment for 2 classes in the first week of September and the final payment for 2 classes in the last week of September
- Paypal You can pay online using the booking app below for Term 1, Term 2 or both. You do not need a paypal account and can checkout as a guest or paypal user. Please note paypal fees at 3.4% will be added at the time of payment
What Class Should I book?
What Class Should I book? – Click to Read More
You can read all about our programmes here: Our Programmes
We recommend the following classes:
- Preschool to P2: Big Builders
- P3 to P5 Bricks Challenge
- P6 to S2 Galileo.
Please note we do not accept P1s Bricks Challenge.
Term Dates – Click to Read More
Our term dates for the 2017/2018 academic year are as follows:
- Term 1: August 28th to October 15th
- Term 2: October 22nd to December 17th
- Term 3: January 8th to March 30th
- Term 4: April 16th to June 24th
Children can attend a taster class to see if they enjoy the class and then want to return. After a taster all bookings are for the remaining classes in that term. No pay as you go option is available.
Tasters are only offered in classes where there are spaces. Priority will always be given to term bookings. It is possible to book tasters several weeks in advance, however please be aware that should another person wish to take that term booking earlier in the programme then they will be given priority. Full refunds will be provided to anyone who books a taster in a class the subsequently fills with term bookings.
All taster bookings must be paid for at the time of booking.
|Day||Big Builders||Bricks Challenge||Galileo Technic|
|Monday||Broxburn 3:45pm||Broxburn 4:45pm||Broxburn 6.15pm|
|Tuesday||Dunfermline 3.45pm||Linlithgow 5.30pm||No Class|
|Wednesday||Mid Calder 3:45pm||Mid Calder 4.45pm||No Class|
|Thursday||Stockbridge 3pm (Ages 3 & 4)
|Stockbridge 4.45pm||Stockbridge 6:15pm|
|Friday||Juniper Green 1.30pm||Juniper Green 2:30pm||Juniper Green 4pm|
|Saturday||Cramond 10am, 11am
|Cramond 11am (Ages 6 & 7)
Craiglockhart 1pm & 3pm
Addresses for our venues can be found here
How do I book?
Bookings can be made through our online booking app below.
When using the app select TERM BLOCKS (to book to the entire term) or CLASSES (to book a taster)
All bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions