Young Engineers Bricks Challenge Program
Bricks Challenge is our LEGO® based programme for children in primary 3 to 6. The programme operates a 4 term cycle with no repeats across the academic year. Activities are aligned to Scotland’s Curriculum for Excellence (CfE) at first and second level with particular attention on Numeracy and Science Experiences our Outcome.
Each class is 75 minutes long and delivers both theoretical and practical knowledge of the STEM subjects. Children are provided with a unique LEGO® bricks kit and build a motorised model at each class.
Throughout our classes we aim to excite, inspire and educate your children in a way that sparks their curiousity and builds their confidence in STEM subjects. Children leave our classes proud of their achievements with new knowledge and a new learning experience.
Program Subjects Include
- Basic and complex mathematics: Children learn about ratios, squares and cubes as well as simple division and multiplication.
- Famous scientific and philosophical figures: Children are introduced to Archimedes, Sir Isaac Newton, Einstein, and more.
- Powers and principles in physics: Centrifugal and centripetal forces, the power of inertia, potential energy, kinetic energy, action and reaction law, buoyancy, torques, fulcrum, load division, angular momentum, and more.
Bricks Challenge Values
- Develops motor skills
- Encourages creative thinking
- Develops the ability of analyzing engineering process
- Strengthens social aptitude and develops communication and teamwork ability
- Expands horizons and general knowledge in physics and various natural phenomena
Themes & Models
Our terms each explore difference themes with models grouped to allow an indepth study of technical concepts. Models include:
- Amusement park rides
- Transportation vehicles