Weekly STEM Clubs
Young Engineers weekly clubs for children aged 3 to 12 operate across Edinburgh, West Lothian and Fife.
Classes run in public venues on evenings and weekends during the school term. You can read more about our programmes here
**Classes have finished for the 2018/2019 year. They will restart on August 26th. Booking for existing customers will be available from July 12th and open booking from July 19th.**
Both Galileo and Robotics will return after the October break
Our planned (but not fully confirmed) timetable is as follows
Classes run at the following locations:
- Mondays: Dalgety Bay, Totspot East Calder, Broxburn (Big Builders)
- Tuesday: Marchmont
- Wednesday: Trinity Broxburn (Bricks Challenge), North Merchiston Club
- Thursday: Stockbridge, Davidsons Mains Primary School
- Friday: Juniper Green
- Saturday: Cramond, Laswwade Centre/Bonnyrigg, Oriam Heriot Watt
- Sunday: Dunfermline
We are currently planning for the following new venues:
- Mussleburgh (to start in August on Tuesdays or Thursdays)
- Longniddry (to start after October break)
- Abdedour/Burntisland (to start after the October break)
Addresses for our venues can be found here
All classes and times are shown in the booking app below.
Term prices are:
- Big Builders (30 minutes): £6.50 per class
- Big Builders (45 minutes): £8 per class
- Bricks Challenge:£12 per class
- Galileo: £13.50 per class. (This class only runs October to March)
- Robotics: £16 per class. (This class only runs October to March)
If you have not tried Young Engineers before you can book at single Taster class for Big Builders Bricks Challenge or Galileo. Otherwise all bookings are made for a term block.
Due to the progressive nature of Robotics, tasters are only allowed for weeks 1 to 3 and thereafter all students must be booked onto the block.
- When booking a taster I understand any booking for a term block will take priority.
- I accept that I can only attend one taster class and that if my child wants to attend any further classes I must book a term block and I cannot book multiple tasters.
What Class Should I book?
What Class Should I book? – Click to Read More
You can read all about our programmes here: Our Programmes
We recommend the following classes:
- Preschool to P1: Big Builders
- P2 to P4 Bricks Challenge
- P5 to P6 Galileo. (October to March only)
- P7 to S3 Robotics (October to March only)
Payment Methods – Click to Read More
Payment can be made in one of three ways:
- BACS to Young Engineers, sort code 09-01-29, account 03461420. To pay by BACS please Contact us telling us which class you wish to book. Once we have your payment we will send you a booking confirmation. Your place on the class is not confirmed until the payment has been made and you have received your booking confirmation.
- Credit card payments via the booking app
- Direct Debit please Contact us to setup your direct debit mandate.
- Classes cannot be paid for weekly.
How do I book?
Bookings can be made through our online booking app below.
Note if you want to pay by BACS then booking must be done by YE staff manually. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a manual payment.
Bookings are not confirmed until payment has been received.
When using the app select Block Bookings (to book to the entire term) or Single Sessions (to book a taster)
All bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions
If you cannot access your details within the booking system, please reset your password.
Subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date with new classes, venues and new programmes